- 2 C Unbleached Organic AP Flour
- 1/2 C + 2.5T Organic Cane Sugar
- 8 oz Organic Cultured Butter (at room temperature)
- 2 t Chopped Fennel Seed
- ¾ t Sea Salt
- 1 t Vanilla Bourbon Extract
Directions: Preheat Oven to 420 degrees
Place butter and sugar into a mixer and mix with paddle until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Mix until blended & set aside. In a seperate bowl, sift flour and salt, then mix in the fennel seed. Add flour mixture into the creamed butter and mix on low until well combined. Wrap dough in plastic and chill for 10-15 minutes. Roll cookies out on floured board (approx .25 inches thick) and cut into desired shape. Put cookies on cookie sheet and into the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Bake at 420 degrees for approx. 9 minutes or they start to brown on edge. Cool thoroughly before frosting.
- 1/2 C Postre Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 C Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 t Vanilla Bourbon Extract
For the frosting, sift the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Add caramel and vanilla and mix until smooth paste consistency. Place in a piping bag and pipe desired pattern on cookie. Add sprinkles if you like.
**Yields 2 Dozen cookies